Monday, July 9, 2007

Storing Treasures

Storing Treasures is meant to be a tool. I have thought through as much as I can on the topics that I post about and hope that this is used by those looking for help or guidance. I am going to flat out say my position on specific topics regarding money and I do not plan on debating. For example: My position on debt (I mean leverage for those who want to stick a fancy word on it) is I am against it. It is not up for discussion, I am not beating you over the head with it I am going to say what I believe and then show my work behind it.

The idea of spending money that you don't have seems dumb to me. If I can't afford something, I don't get it. If your response is, "But you need a car, you need to send your kids to college"

You are right! That is why you should be planning for that stuff in advance! It is important, too important to put your finances at risk when you know it is coming. Bankrupcties are at a rapid rate in America; Divorces are at 50% and the #1 cause is because of financial tension.

I love the idea of not owing anybody money, it allows me to actually buy things remorse free, it allows me to freely give without wishing that I hadn't when something comes up, and it allows me to put God first in my finances. More on this soon.

No comments: