Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Cash Can Cause...

CONFLICT

I was in wal-mart the other day and saw a kid melt down because he wanted to get something but his mom would not let him. At first I thought how embarrassing that looks and then how thankful I was that I never did that as a kid (...right).

I realized that this was a conflict that was caused by money. It causes conflicts across the board: teenagers and parents, married couples, little kids in toy stores...it is messing stuff up all over the place.

CONFUSION

Money also causes confusion. I think that 2 groups that have a major role in people's confusion is the local church and the educational system.

It is strange that a senior can graduate from high school and can dissect a frog, knows the Pythagorean theorem, and can tell you the symbol for Sodium but cannot balance a checkbook or recognize a good interest rate.

It is so funny that major outlets of teaching will ignore the most practical thing people need to know. And when I mean ignore it, I mean never bring it up period. Then when someone is faced with financial decisions they are hit flat in the face without any experience. Maybe that is the reason why more people will declare bankruptcy than graduate from college this year. It is because we’re confused.

Money is dangerous stuff, you better know how to handle it. Jesus talks a lot about money, but most of the time he is warning us from it. Put yourself in a position to win with money. It really does matter. Are you controlling your money or is your money controlling you?