Friday, August 24, 2007

Is Christmas time here yet?

No, it is not...but it will be.

I love Christmas time; not only is it a cool time to remember Jesus but just to be completely honest I get really excited about getting presents (and giving). Don't get me wrong the Lord and Savior of all creation should be #1 on the list and He is, but that is everyday. On Christmas the only thing that changes is I get presents and I am okay with that.

I think Michael Scott said it best "Christmas is awesome. First of all, you get to spend time with people you love. Secondly, you can get drunk and no one can say anything. Third, you give presents. What's better than giving presents? And fourth, getting presents. So, four things. Not bad for one day. It's really the greatest day of all time."

It quite possibly could be the greatest day of all time, Michael. If you are like me, you like to go all out. And afterwards you end up feeling a lot of pain in your bank account right afterwards. I never want to go through that and do not want you to go through that ever again. The simple solution is this:

Christmas is 129 days away. Right now figure out how much you are going to spend on presents...it's really easy to do just try it. Then put it in your monthly budget and plan for it, in fact if you put it in an www.ingdirect.com account you could get 4.5% interest until you spend it.

Christmas is not an EMERGENCY. It comes the same time every year. Can you imagine how great it would be to get to enjoy all the great things that come with Christmas AND to not have buyers remorse!